COME TO INDIA WITH US FOR THE
EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME
This is a short-term missions trip with a big difference. You will go to places that tourists never see. You will see deep, interior tribal India hidden from most Indians, too! You will encounter a splash of colors, costumes, dances, foods, customs and landscaping. You will minister to kids, primitive tribal folks, and to people dealing with the pain of leprosy. You will be a refreshing breeze into their stifling worlds. No other mission agency provides this kind of an experience. I guarantee that!
2018 TRAVEL DATES
May 10 - 16
*All dates are approximate.
Click a link to start the online application process.
Click a link to download a form.
A GNI tour is more a “being and experiencing” tour rather than a “doing” tour. While the West thinks linear in terms of time, results, tasks and measurable accomplishments, the East thinks circular in terms of relationships, experiences, observations and events. The question is not just what can I do, but what can I learn and experience? Our kids do not speak English well and thus, communication is limited, but very doable if your heart is in it. Ministry will mainly occur in teaching, preaching, affirming, loving and sharing your life and experiences. You will visit several Dream Centers on your first trip. Subsequent trips can turn into long term or short term work with the kids in terms of their spiritual, social and academic development. We rarely host construction or maintenance tours due to the nature of our buildings and how different things are in India.
Typically, the groups stay in simple, air‐conditioned, small hotels (clean & comfortable). Nothing fancy, but comparable to a Motel 6. You will need a transformer if your gadgets require 110V.
Food costs are generally included in the cost of the trip. Team members are encouraged to bring their own snacks and some extra spending money for airport food and two restaurant meals on the return trip. Tip: Drink only purified water; do not eat anything from vendors.
Vaccinations are not necessary for India. We do recommend that you check with your city Health Department and they can instruct you accordingly. A Tetanus shot is highly recommended. These shots usually cost under $100.00
Pack as light as possible since you may be carrying your own suitcases through airports and railway stations. Wheeled suitcases are the best. See the packing list for details.
Most trips will start at about $3,000.00. Cost varies depending on the airfare, location and length of trip. This cost covers A/C hotel room, all meals and travel. A deposit of $2,000.00 is required before tickets can be purchased. Refunds and cancellations as defined per our policy.
Pay phones are plentiful all during our travels with a call back to the USA costing about 15 cents per minute. Using your USA cell phone in India will cost you about $2.50 per minute. If you plan on bringing your cell phone, check with your carrier for coverage and costs. Dr. Rahman will always be accessible via his cell phone along with other numbers that will be provided to you with the itinerary.
We suggest you bring $100.00 ‐ $200.00. ATMs are plentiful in India and they give the best rates. Just inform your bank that you will be withdrawing cash in India!
Good News India makes all travel arrangements.
- Always try and remember that this is missions, so be prepared for anything, such as unexpected delays and/or stops.
- Always wear your boots or closed toe shoes.
- Mosquitoes love fragrances! Do not wear perfumes/colognes. Try to bring unscented shampoo, conditioner and deodorant.
- Make sure your insect repellant contains DEET.
- Spray clothing and luggage inside and out with Repel Permanone Insect Repellent. This is an odorless insect repellant (tick, mosquito, chiggers and biting flies) protection for clothing, tents, nets, and gear. (It is not recommended for skin application)
- Wash your hands often. Use hand sanitizer such as Purell.
- If you feel sick, notify your Team Leader immediately.
- You MUST have your passport if traveling outside the USA. (Make a photocopy of your passport and drivers’ license, carrying copies with you at all times; you will be required to leave your actual passport at each hotel you stay in, to be picked up as you leave.)